Rimmel Brow This Way - Yay or Nay?

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Review


I mentioned in this post that I'd picked up Rimmel's Brow This Way as a cheaper alternative, as I couldn't bring myself to take the plunge and pay £17.50 for Benefit's Gimme Brow. I also mentioned that I'd picked up the shade medium blonde which, as you can see, my hair clearly isn't. Over the past week I've been using it almost everyday both alone and on top Faint from the Naked Basics Palette. Whilst I can't compare it directly or indicate how much of a dupe it actually is of Gimme Brow, I can tell you what I think:

Shade: I personally think anyone with medium blonde hair would find this to be too dark, however it definitely does have warm undertones which wouldn't make it suitable for all brunettes either; luckily, it's pretty much a perfect match for me but the colours available definitely don't cater for everyone. Whilst I find it looks lovely and natural actually on the hairs, if it splodges onto the skin in sparser areas the colour does tend to look a bit funny so, especially when I was first using it, I often had to go back in with a cotton bud to clean up. 3/5

Application: Definitely becomes easier with practice! I'd never used a product anything like this so faced with the overloading of the brush as often happens with new things, I didn't find it the easiest. It also tends to unavoidably highlight any stray hairs and whilst this is perfectly fine for a natural looking brow, if you want to achieve something a bit more defined it works better if applied over a powder. 4/5

Wear: The colour neither changed nor budged. I found no problem with the wear at all even when faced with sweat or rain. It doesn't smudge if you scratch your eyebrow or something during the day, yet is still easy to remove in the evening. 5/5


(Pictured, is without any other products on the brows, although I would add that mine are naturally quite dark and dense.)

Overall, taking into account shade, application and wear, I'd give it a S.A.W. score of  12/15 (that's so appeasing that that rhymes!), but with it only costing £3.99 it's definitely worth a try! It will be interesting though to see how long it lasts before it dries up in the tube, or whether I finish it before it does.

Have you tried either Brow This Way or Gimme Brow? What did you think?
Lara xo

P.S. I recently joined Twitter and I'd love it if you could follow me on there. You can find me @LaraM_W - thank you!




10 comments:

  1. I recently tried this and really liked it. I've wanted to try Gimme Brow for a long time but definitely don't want to spend that much money!

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drugstore's great for situations like that! x

      Delete
  2. this sounds really good! your eyebrows still look natural too :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, natural's important to me because being fair skinned and dark haired, some products can make them look a bit heavy x

      Delete
  3. Your brows are perfect! Thanks for sending me your link on twitter hun x

    Laura Kate | Beau La Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog and followed you on Bloglovin :) x

      Delete
  4. Ive heard alot of mixed reviews on this product, i may have to try it for myself!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price I definitely recommend you at least give it a go! x

      Delete
  5. This looks fabulous. I have bought Benefit Gimme Brow and adore it couldn't be without it now. X

    Abitofmacandcheese.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be interesting to know how this cheaper product compares to it x

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric