Playing with Makeup | FOTD

Friday 12 September 2014

Purple & Gold

Sometimes it's nice to just sit and have a play with your little treasure chest of makeup. Although each to their own because my little brother walked in while I was doing this and was confused as he knew I wasn't going out and how could this possibly count as 'fun'. I just find so often we end caught up, slapping on makeup in a rush or feeling pressure to get it perfect because there's a big event. There always seems to be some time constraint, so for once I simply sat, maybe for an hour or so knowing that no matter how it turned out the end result would still be a good deep cleanse. Despite this it's inevitable that it's going to turn out the better than when you actually need it to look good!

I focused mainly on my eyes because that's always been my favourite bit to do and strayed the tiniest bit away from my everyday subtle browns using the Nars Kuala Lumpur Duo and last year's Christmas Too Faced Palette, 'A Few of my Favourite Things.' I normally never use gold, instead opting for a champagne shade when I want something a little more sparkly, however it went perfectly with the gold specks in the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate I used as a base. I also for a change used pencil eyeliner, my new Rimmel Exaggerate that I mentioned in this post. I honestly didn't expect to like it half as much as I do; it smudges out beautifully but without losing lots of pigmentation and despite being waterproof I didn't find it a pain at all to remove. I can definitely see myself becoming a convert!


I'd also like to point out how impressed I was all over again by Magnifibres which I reviewed here. I hadn't used it for a while so combined it with MAC's Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash and as you can see from the side, my lashes turned out oh so long but still perfectly separated.

I think I'm going to try and do this more often as I find so regularly doing makeup ends up being a stressful experience instead of just a bit of fun. Do you ever do your face even if you're not leaving the house?
Lara xo


2 comments:

  1. Oh your eyelashes look stunning! Gosh I want the same ones!
    xx Hélène

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, but believe me they don't look quite the same without the makeup! x

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric