Beach Holiday | Photo Diary

Monday 1 September 2014

Swanage 2014


It's September 1st and having just come back from 5 days at the beach in the South of England, now's the time where post holiday blues hits and I trawl through the photos (yet inwardly knowing I should be doing something more productive since the Summer holidays is officially over.) Guess the organisation is just going to have to wait till tomorrow . . . Or the day after . . .

I love Swanage; I've grown up going there every year and it's the perfect setting for the traditional British family holiday. As you can see from the photos there's old style deck chairs, beach huts over looking the sea and the forever addictive 2p slot machines. In keeping with this, we did all the appropriate activities such as building sandcastles, putting and I even braved a swim in the notoriously cold English sea. Over the course of the holiday we went to all our favourite local eating places including the fish and chip shop (twice!), a pub in a nearby village and a traditional homely cafe/restaurant, however the highlight definitely was the Italian where I had a delicious chicken, pesto, tomato and mozzarella pizza and a brandy bread and butter pudding for dessert. We stayed in the same, most welcoming B&B as last year called A Great Escape having enjoyed it there so much. The room I shared with my siblings looked straight out of Goldilocks and the Three Bears and I really did look forward to those waffles every morning!

As you can tell, I've been Instagramming like mad trying to capture the fun and if you want you can find me on there at  laram_w. Whilst I'm shamelessly plugging, I'd also love it if you followed me on Bloglovin here.

Whilst I'm sad Summer's over and I still feel just as pale as before, with the start of university approaching there's definitely no time to just lie around and mope!

What have you enjoyed most this Summer?
Lara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric