Tech . . . No

Saturday 2 August 2014

Modern Malfunctions

This is the current state do my laptop. And before you think 'oh she's a bit clumsy breaking the screen like that' - no. This majestical green and black waterfall is actually inside my screen, there is no exterior damage, my laptop is literally self destructing from the inside out. Admittedly he is the ripe old age of 6 and remains my personal pride and joy simply because he was the first major purchase with my own savings, however severely impairing the visual was not enough; 2 seconds without the power lead in results in automatic shut down and in terms of speed even a snail would now beat him in a race.


This is my phone. The obvious flaw being it's a Blackberry and they've never been known for their longevity. Despite their being no visible signs of damage when it insists on regularly turning its mobile network off and even when connected fails to tell me when I receive a text/email/etc unless I manually check, I question whether it should even still be labelled 'a phone'. I may be slightly regretting getting into a 2 year contract with this now as it means I'm stuck with it a least another few months.

Basically technology wise, it's all a but of a mess at the moment and with my 'temporary' job being way more temporary than expected (awkward given my excitement at getting it) I think it's going to be a while before I manage to replace them both. 

The saviour in this is my iPad which I'm now so so thankful I received for my 18th. I think this just goes to show and has made me realise the importance electronic devices now hold in most of our lives - I'm undecided whether this is a good or bad thing . . . 
Lara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric