Simple Age Resisting Skincare | Review

Thursday 7 August 2014

Day Cream,  Eye Cream & Cleansing Wipes


When it comes to skincare products, I don't really have any kind of loyalty, so when I picked these products up in Boots a couple of months ago, it would have simply been because they were on offer. Now being 18 I'm not really at the age yet where I have to greatly worry about ageing skin however I would say I can be quite animated expression wise so do have fine lines beginning to form both on the forehead and under my eyes. Either way, this range from Simple claims to fight premature ageing and there can be no harm in starting that too soon!

Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Day Cream (£6.99 for 50ml at Boots here)
When I first used this, I was actually surprised it was marketed specifically as a day cream as it is quite thick and rich in texture, reminding me more of a night cream. There is an actual night cream available in the range however I personally use this for both morning and evening. Being thick,rich and creamy it does take a little time to absorb and certainly isn't for those lazy mornings where you try and shove on moisturiser before your face is fully dry as then it really does just sit on the surface. However, I was recently told when having a facial that my skin has become quite dry so I feel the thicker texture of this really has been helping. In terms of age resisting properties I would say it does leave a youthful glowy finish which I feel is still visible after applying a face of makeup and fine lines on my forehead I have noticed to be reduced. But aside from this my favourite thing really is the packaging. Maybe I've just never tried expensive enough skincare but I love that this comes with a pump applicator rather than having to mess around squeezing product out of a tube and it inevitably being hard to control the amount you get. This dispenses the perfect amount and at 50ml it's a decent sized product which I feel will last a long time.

Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Eye Cream (£6.99 for 15ml at Boots here)
I've never really consistently used an eye cream apart from when it's come in a set of skincare products so I don't really have much to compare this too. Despite claiming to be age resisting and containing 6 loving nutrients to revitalise and regenerate, I have noticed no difference regarding fine under eye lines. The area, however, is considerably more hydrated and I find concealer applies much smoother (but is still prone to considerable creasing later in the day if untouched). Unlike the Simple Eye makeup remover which I had such trouble with intense stinging if it came anywhere near my eyes, I've had no problems with this at all. I would say this is better than not regularly using an eye cream, as I was formerly doing, but I think there will be considerably better ones out there.

Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Cleansing Wipes (£3.99 for 25 wipes at Boots here)
As a general rule, I try to avoid using face wipes, only using them when I'm sleeping over somewhere and removing with a wipe is a better alternative than not at all or if I'm wearing heavy makeup to remove most of it before doing a full cleanse. I like that these don't dry up quickly once removed from the packaging, allowing enough time and having enough product on to clean your entire face with one wipe (I use one side for eyes and then go over the entire face with the second side). It makes me feel slighter better when I use them knowing they contain age resisiting benefits however I definitely don't use them regularly enough to know if this is true. Overall a good standard face wipe that does it's job.

As far as basics go, I think the range is good; none are particularly stand out products with miraculous results but I guess I'll see in 10, 20, 30, years time whether or not the age resisting was successful. 

These products, along with the other lines from Simple skincare are currently all on 3 for 2 at Boots.

Do you have any skincare staples or have you tried any of these?
Lara xo 

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying to try some of the Simple skincare, great post!
    xx
    Rose
    http://crumbliest.blogspot.com/2014/09/bright.html

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric