Easy Nail Art for Super Short Nails

Friday 20 June 2014

Summer Triangle Nail Art

    

With leavers' ball coming up I decided it really was time to start trying to grow my nails again after nail-biting exam season. I've always enjoyed splashing creativity on my nails and hopefully now I'll also be less tempted to have a quick nibble!




My nails are naturally small to start with, but I began by filing them all down to an even length and buffing them to remove those tell-tale bite marks. I used Boots 4 Way Buffer Block here - cheap and cheerful.

     

As a base I used Essie's 'Grow Stronger Base Coat' here which both stops the bright polishes staining the nails weird colours and helps strengthen them from breaking. I painted 4 of my nails  with Mystify by Misguided which is a standard hot pink shade and added an accent nail on my ring finger using Barry M's nail paint in 'Indigo' here.





Using a nail art brushes which I picked up from Ebay for only 99p for 15 brushes here, I added a triangle on each nail before using a dotting tool and a white nail polish by Natural Collection. As the dot covers the tip of the triangle, this means the point doesn't have to be precise!
I finished with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Speed Drops on Ebay here which lock in the design and reduce drying time.
Lara xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric