Blender Inspiration

Saturday 28 June 2014

Breakfast Smoothie


For my 18th one of the presents I was most looking forward to getting was a blender. Not your standard cause of excitement, I know, but I just love soups and smoothies; I guess my laziness has reached a peak where even chewing is too much effort. 




The blender I have is the Breville Pick and Mix Glass Blender in 'Pistachio' which is also available in cream and pale pink and was admittedly chosen for its appearance (although equally it also does its job great!) I've been playing around and have made a couple of meals now including roasted red pepper and tomato soup from the guide that came with the blender and crepes from '101 Things to do with a Blender' available here Another recipe book I got was 'The Blender Bible' here and I love both these books as they offer more unique ideas of recipes which you can use a blender in such as Yorkshire puddings and banana nut bread. It allows more variation than a standard soup cookery book. 

I've particularly been loving a smoothie called 'Sunrise Booster' again from '101 Things to do with a Blender'. It's intended as a breakfast smoothie but I much prefer something with a little more substance in the morning so have been having this as a snack.








It includes: (for 2 servings)
1 small banana
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sweetened cornflakes
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
and 2 ice cubes












Blend this away and Bob's your Uncle! It's also worth adding that for those who prefer to work in ml there's a handy conversion chart in the back.


I've also found blenders are surprisingly easy to clean; fill the jug half up with warm water, add a small amount of dish soap, use the pulse button then rinse. Here's to more blender experimentation in the future!
Lara xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric